s/y DYSSEL for sale - SOLD
S&S Nautor's Swan 41
Dyssel has been sold. We have some more ocean equipment for sale - if you might be interested, please contact us: arimo . leppa @ gmail.com
Elegant Sparkman & Stephens design, The Classic Nautor’s Swan 41 (1977) – s/y Dyssel – is for sale.
Sparkman & Stephens designed Swans are considered as one of the greatest sailing yachts as their reliability, endurance and beautiful, entirely hand-crafted appearance is known for so many sailors.
She remain today in a brilliant condition as if she was taken from the 1977: Throughout the years she has been maintained with the ultimate care and modernized utilizing the finest technology available. It has always been vital to preserve and look after the elegant and unique Swan-look. Last important refitting project was conducted in the winter of 2013-2014.
Although Dyssel is completely stunning by her classic look, she, under sail – without a doubt – delivers and fulfills the most demanding modern sailor’s wishes no matter the conditions.
By the name of Swan, Dyssel is well-designed and superbly equipped: The teak-deck has been refitted by Nautor, the engine has been replaced with a powerful Volvo Penta MD22, new sail-layout has been designed for safe performance (including furling genua and furling stay sail, Code-0 and spinnaker), and the entire navigation system has been built based on B&G’s latest technology for navigating in any circumstances (including AIS, WIFI connectivity options, etc.). In addition, other Raymarine system acts as a backup system that is easily accessed from the navigation table. Bow thruster, folding propeller, autopilot, numerous safety features, new electrical system including new battery banks and new powerful Lewmar windlass are elements that make sailing her such a joyful experience. All this was recognized by the ARC committee as Dyssel was awarded the safest yacht award of the ARC2014.
She is equipped to accommodate six to eight persons, although operating Dyssel with two people on-board is also easily manageable.
Throughout the history of Dyssel, she has been sailed in the various conditions at the Baltic Sea, mostly in Sweden and Finland by the five different owners that she has had of which the previous owner owned her for more than 25 years. It has to be said that Dyssel has also been visiting North Sea, and for the last year she has been sailed cross the Atlantic visiting the Caribbean.
By the current plan, Dyssel will return to Finland in June, 2015 – then she is ready to be taken anywhere in the world by her new owner. Dyssel can be delivered to some other port as further discussed.
'The Classic Swan'
Built: In 1977 at Pietarsaari, Finland, by Nautor
Hull Number: 57/61
Design: Sparkman & Stephens (USA)
LOA: 12,53 m
LWL: 9,22 m
Widht: 3,64 m
Height: 18 m from water line, 19,5 including antennas
Draught: 2,10 m
Weight: approximately 11 tons (keel 4,4 tons)
Sail Plan: 96,8 m2 main sail, 274 m2 (spinnaker and blooper)
Sail Number: FIN-7082
Register Number: A50113 (Finland)
Call Sign: OH3645
Registered to: Yacht Club of Turku / Finland
Home Berth: Helsinki, Suomi
Registered into first ocean class at Finland, 2014.
We are the fifth owners of s/y Dyssel.
HULL AND THE ENGINE
'Nautor's refitted perfect-conditioned teak deck and renewed reliable Volvo's MD22 engine to provide beauty and performance.'
- Hull & Engine
- The hull is made of strong and thick GRP. The deck is entirely 12 mm teak and renewed by Nautor in 1997. The deck is in brilliant condition.
- Rig and Winches
- One mast (Nautor), two forestays, running backstays – all stays changed 1998. Back stay changed 2014. Dirk changed 2014. Additional back stay including SSB antenna isolation as a backup.
- New halyards fitted 2014.
- Preventer for starboard and port sides 2014. Vang boom system 2014.
- Main sheet system installed 2014. Vang rebuilt 2014 without removing the original train.
- 8 x Lewmar self-tailing winches (2x heavy duty two-speed primary winches (58), 2x smaller two-speed secondary winches (50) and 4x two-speed winches for hoisting (40), all refitted in 2011). In addition we have Lewmar winch for hoisting the main sail built into the mast. Lewmar winch handles.
- Volvo Penta MD22, 59 hv (1997). Renewed and serviced in 2012. Shaft propulsion.
- Diesel capacity 230 litres. (Primary diesel tank 180 l and an additional tank 52 l)
- Diesel-filter Racor (2014), AntiTheft –system for preventing diesel thefts (2014). Tank capacity meter VDO.
- 3-blade folding Volvo Penta propeller (2015).
- Engine ventilation (2014), noise isolation (2014).
'Sails for every possible condition.'
- Main sail
- Sliceline, Dacron 270/Hydra Net 350, Elvström 2005 (3 reefs)
- Additional Elvström (3 reefs) spare main sail.
- Furling genua
- n. 45,2 m2, Elvström 2004, new sun protection 2014.
- Furling genua (for baby stay)
- Elvström 2006 with UV protection cover.
- Elvström 2006.
- 168 m2, Elvström 2006.
- complete spinnaker equipment (including 2 poles, double sheets, ropes and blocks).
- Spinnaker hoisted from a snuffer (2014).
- 100 m2, Elvström 2006 (almost unused), we have not sailed this sail.
- Elvström 2006 (unused), can be hoisted using a separate train from the main sail.
We also have additional blocks, ropes and halyards.
ANCHORING & DOCKING
'Bow thruster, windlass and heavily chained main anchor for smooth and safe anchorage.'
- Bow thruster
- MaxPower, Compact Retract 70, 6.4 hv (2010), remote control, retracts from the inside of the hull.
- Lewmar V3 1000W (2014), can be controlled from the bow or from the cockpit.
- Lewmar Delta 25 kg (2014), 8 mm chain rode (ca. 70 meters), storm anchor 23 kg yachtsman anchor.
Docking lines for bow and stern and other docking equipment.
'In addition to traditional navigation instruments and methods, we have incorporated two completely independent inclusive navigation systems based on the most reliable technology available.'
Primary Navigation System
- B&G Zeus Touch 7, inbuilt GPS (2014), installed to cockpit and integrated into boat’s SeaTalk NG and SeaTalk data system.
- B&G 3G Broadband radar (2014) installed to a Seaview SLM-1SS radar leveller (2014).
- B&G GoFree Wifi (2014) (transfers navigation data wirelessly to an iPad etc.).
- Autopilot Raymarine Autohelm ST 8001 (2006).
- AIS (sending and receving), Digital Yacht AIT-2000 (B-class), integrated to navigation system (2014).
- Navtex –weather fax, Furuno NX300 (2006).
- Digital Yacht Smart Track (full edition, 2014) for intelligent ocean navigation (software license).
- Navionics maps.
- 2 barometers.
- Simrad DSC VHF (2006) including cockpit speaker and two antennas. New primary antenna on the top of the mast (2014).
- Raymarine hand-held VHF.
- FM/AM -radio.
Additional Navigation Instruments
- Raymarine C80 chart plotter (2006) with an additional GPS receiver. Integrated into boat’s SeaTalk NG and SeaTalk data system.
- Raymarine 2KW 18" radar, installed to mast (2006).
- Raymarine instruments (speed, depth, wind, electricity), Raymarine ST60+ (2006).
- Raymarine Multi ja Graphic ST60 additional displays in the cockpit and by the navigation system (2006).
- Primary compass (Suunto) from the legendary s/y Runn.
'The Philip Hitchcock trophy for safety was awarded to s/y Dyssel by the World Cruising Club in the ARC 2014. This trophy acknowledges the uncompromising safety onboard – no matter the conditions.’
- Life Raft BFA ISAF
- Pacific, 8 persons, 2006, serviced 2013.
- Hydrostatic Release Hammar (2014).
- Grab Bag (including emergency supplies).
- ARC approved 2014.
- Emergency Beacon
- EPIRB Simrad, hydrostatical releasing system (serviced and battery replaced 2014), tested 1/2015.
- 6 x Baltic Offshore (integrated life line hooks).
- MOB-buoy ja horse shoes
- Ocean Safety Jon Buoy Danbuoy (+refill patron) (2014)
- 2 x horse shoe, 1 MOB recovering system.
- Flares, Smokes and Parachute Rockets
- A variety of flares, smokes and parachute rockets distributed accordingly to grab bag, life raft and cockpit.
- Radar Reflectors
- Echomax EM230 (24 square meters of reflective surface) (2014)
- Smaller radar reflector in upper shrouders.
- Spare radar reflector.
- Electrical fog horn in the mast (2014).
- Manual horn.
- Navigation Lights
- HellaMarine NaviLED TRIO tri-color navigation light installed to the top (2014).
- Traditional navigation lights.
- Search lights & Deck lights
- Waterproof 12V halogen light (2014)
- 2 x powerful LED lights installed to back of the boat to provide light to cockpit and another is located in the mast to light the bow for sail maneuvers.
- Drogue & Storm covers for hatches
- Lalizas drogue
- Traditional Nautor’s cloth storm covers MP-kuomu (2014).
- Safety for Fire
- Fire Sniffers in cabins & saloon in addition to propane gas alarm system near stove and carbonoxide –alarm.
- 4 x Fire Extinguishers (3 x 2 kg and 6 kg) and a fire cloth.
- Engine fire port and a manual emergency stop system for the engine (2014).
- Additional valve for propane gas system fitted as the system was serviced and upgraded (2014).
- Bilge pumps
- Automatic Johnson Pump L2200 Ultima-sniffer-switch (2014).
- 2 x manual bilge pumps (one can be oparated from the cockpit and one from inside).
- First Aid
- First aid equipment can be discussed on the basis of purchaser’s needs.
- Theft protection
- Theft alarm (2014).
- Locks (2014)
- Safe (2014).
'The core principles for Dyssel's electrical system are autonomy, capacity and eco-friendliness.'
- Battery banks
- 3 x WhisperPower / Sunwind AGM-batteries (altogether 579 Ah) as a service batteries (2014).
- 1 x WhisperPower AGM-battery 100 Ah for bow thruster and windless (2014).
- 1 x start battery for engine 75 Ah (2015).
- 1 x spare battery 75 Ah (not connected to anything).
- Electricity Management
- Windgenerator Rutland 913 200W (2001).
- 2 x sun panels on bimini 36W (2001).
- Engine alterator 70A, spare alterator 65A. Alterator charges three different battery banks as described earlier.
- Alterator’s output is optimized utilizing MasterVolt Alpha Pro charging device (2014).
- 25A charger (220V).
- Inverter (True Sine Wave Power) 600W, integrated into the boat electrical system.
- Lighting Protection (from stern, bow, mast and shrouds).
'Innovation & technology powering everyday life at sea.'
- Fresh Water
- Capacity of fresh water about 250 litres, divided into 2 separate tanks that can be controlled independenly in the fresh water system.
- VDO’s electronic instrument for primary water tank (2014).
- Kitchen’s sink equipped with Aqua Clean filter (2014).
- Fresh pressure water (kitchen, toilet and shower, deck shower). Hot water through boiler (220V and engine).
- Sea water (kitchen).
- Showers (toilet and deck).
- WC Baby Blake (refitted 2006 and modernized 2014 for electric pump for water intake).
- Ventilation & Heating
- 4 x Fans, HellaMarine TurboFan / Fan (2014).
- Heater (diesel-powered), Eberspächer D5, power 4800W, serviced in 2014.
- Fan powered ventilation for toilet and fridge (2014).
- Additional separate engine fan (2014).
- Original dorade vents
- Insect covers in hatches (2014).
- Sun covers in hatches (2014).
- LED-equipped Bimini tailor-made from MP-Kuomu (2014).
- Additional sun cover for marina use.
- Deck lights 2xLED PureLux 27W one in the mast and one by the cockpit (2014). There is also a dimmed deck light for marina in the mast.
- Sprayhood (2007).
- Red LED by the helm (2014).
- Kitchen & Interior
- Kitchen equipped for 6 persons for dinner.
- Propane stove with oven, electrical firing (2006).
- Fan over the stove, Vetus.
- 12V Waeco for boiling water (2014).
- Fridge with two separate refridgegators:
- 1. Waeco CU-55 and VD-01 fridge (2014)
- 2. Isotherm 3000/3500 (additionally ventilated, from the 1990s).
- Isolation of fridge completely rebuilt (2014).
- Fridge redesigned internally (teak) (2014).
- Blue alcantara used for cushions (1998).
- All interior lights changed to LED including new LED-system also projecting red light for night conditions.
- Lee cloths for all 6 bunks.
'Complete living-room at sea'.
- Full HD TV, 12V Finlux, integrated DVD-player, 22”, integrated to computer and audio system.
- TV-antenna Glomex Talitha (2014).
- Radio Kenwood KDC-BT32U CD-player and AUX -in and Bluetooth, separate sound magnifier SPL PRO, 8 speakers altogether (2014).
- In the cockpit 2 x Fusion MS-FR402, 120W (waterproof speakers) (2014) ja 2 additional waterproof speakers.
'What else is needed?'
- Nautor’s side-ladder, bow-ladder and swim-ladder.
- Traditional messaging flags.
- Boat’s original manual and drawings.
- Manuals and extensive documention of the boat’s history
MEMORANDUM OF MAINTENANCE
Dyssel has been serviced regularly throughout her entire history and all of this has been documented carefully. Please contact to discuss about the entire service documentation of Dyssel. The latest maintenance work has been made during the winter of 2013 and 2014. Tasks that were carried out during this time are documented as follows:
- Every single piece of interior surface (including wood and textile) has been cleaned and treated with anti-bacterial treatment against molding.
- New mounting for the main stairway ladder including safety rope.
- Reinventing the mainway ladder (removal of varnish and varnishing it partly)
- Varnishing wooden surfaces from various places
- Installation of TV and radio antennas (antenna in the top of the mast)
- Ventilation net under every bunk for better ventilation
- Repair of two leaks that was found from the roof
- New pockets made from old sail near every bunk and head for accessories
- New storage space port aft of the boat for tools and bigger objects
- New storage space into very aft of the boat for jerry cans and regular waste
- New teak frame for devices mounted in the navigation table
- LED –lights to salon including red LED for night sailing. Also decorative old mast light (LED powered) installed to the main table
- Insulating fridge to minimize the consumption of electricity
- New interior to the fridge (teak)
- New light in the fridge
- New fan to ventilate and cool fridge’s compressor’s to minimize consumption of electricity
- Testing the propane gas system for stove, this was made by a consultant (certificate)
- New on/off main switch for the propane gas system
- Maintenance made for the stove and oven
- Finnish design added for drying washed dishes so one can place wet clean dishes right away to storage without drying those
- Mirrors added to toilet and bow
- Renovation of ventilation system approximately 15 new hatches for air to circulate inside storage areas
- Reinventing storage areas in bow, toilet and aft – big storage areas divided into smaller, more useful shelves
- Renovation of mirror-storage (flipped the door upside-down for better accessibility)
- Additional clip-locks for every single storage in case of a storm
- Reinventing the ‘anchor box’ in the bow – water proofed and new storage area was made including shelves
- New storage place for storing outside dining table in the bow
- Dimming curtains ordered and fitted for bow, aft and salon
- Protective textile for salon couch fitted
- Entirely serviced toilet including fitting a repair kit made by Baby Blakes. Modernization of intake water (electrical pump) that can be reverted back to the original hand-powered pump.
- Renovated toilet gray water system
- New fan (air out) for toilet
- Noise cancelling added for water pressure pump, heater diesel pump and to fans
- New noise cancelling for engine (high quality insulation)
- New system for water out from anchor box to main bilge (hose)
- New locks for main hatch
- Insect nets for all hatches
- Repairing and inspection of all sails
- New UV protection for genua
- New washer for gooseneck in boom
- Renovation of vang (new blocks, new locks, new ropes)
- New sheeting mechanism for main sail
- New sheeting mechanism for kicker
- New dirk (dynema)
- New halyards (2x40m), old as spares
- New sheets for stay sail
- New sheeting mechanism for stay sail
- Turn-buckles treated with special treatment
- Inspection of turn-buckles, shreads and spreaders (Baltic Rigging and Jerry’s Rigging)
- Genua and stay sail in a furling system, new ropes and new locks.
- Furlex system inspected (using a special camera) including the inspection of fore stay and baby stay
- Main sail reefing system (new ropes)
- New VHF antenna to the top of the mast, using extra-thick cable, all connection checked and treated
- Mast inspected, washed and waxed
- Winches serviced as Lewmar recommends. All servicing equipment for winches available.
- Deck & Exterior
- Entire hull (gel-coat) washed and waxed 3 times with a UV wax
- New 12V outlets in the deck
- LED bow light
- Renovation of throttle handle and ignition
- Dorado ventilation serviced (new insect nets fitted)
- New compass light (LED), double water proofed
- New mounting for life raft (directly to the deck instead of roof top)
- Life raft service & testing (12/2013 by Maritim Oy, certificate), added more flares and equipment inside the raft
- New lifeline system inside the cockpit
- “Radar mast” mounted with two extra pillars
- Wind generator serviced
- Flag pole to the top of the mast (not fitted currently)
- Spare backstay including SSB antenna
- Technical updates
- year-to-year servicing of Volvo Penta engine
- new washers for propeller shaft, propeller shaft sealing inspected and new grease press installed for making the shaft sealed at all times
- helm-brake repaired
- steering system entirely inspected and serviced (spare steering wire)
- wind generator’s charge regulator installed and electrical system updated
- rudder shaft washer changed and sealing inspected (also a special tool for tightening rudder shaft)
- All sea-cocks removed, serviced and installed properly
- Thunder protection wires installed and serviced (bow, aft, shreads and mast)
- New battery banks (modern twin-battery system)
- Real time BM-1 display for consumption of electricity installed to the navigation table
- Majority of electrical wires replaced with new marina wires
- Navigation network updated. Old SeaTalk is converted to NMEA2000 (through SeaTalkNG), this enables easy installation of new devices into the data network.
- Updating the electrical system of bow thruster (direct engine charging) and installation of windlass to the bow battery bank.
- True-sin-wave inverter that provides a 220V system throughout the boat (own separate outlets)
- Diesel and water tanks washed
- All tanks remounted (storm mounting)
IN ADDITION TO EVERYTHING
- The boat has been equipped for ocean sailing and for the most parts, this equipment, as follows, can be purchased separately:
- Watt & Sea Hydrogenerator 300W (2014).
- Katadyn Power Survivor 40E water maker to produce fresh drinking water into water tanks (approximately 5 l / hour) (2014)
- Satellite phone Iridium Extreme 9575 including additional external antenna. Phone can be mounted to station. WiFi-optimizer to establish internet connection via WLAN (2014).
* Above mentioned is only a preliminary equipment and service review. Final equipment list etc. will be agreed upon signing the sale and purchase agreement. *